Life360 is one of the most popular family networking sites launched way back in 2008. Both Android and iOS devices support Life360 and are available around the world. This app has been praised universally for its efficiency and reliability, even in the free version. People have described it as secure and absolutely safe, and even easy to manage.
This how-to article has been dedicated to helping you figure out how to add family members and managing your circles effectively.
How To Add A Family Member
Adding a family member is very easy, and it can only be done if one of them sends an invitation to the other. This way no stranger will be able to spy on your kids or will be able to access their location. Thus, ensuring they are safe. Adding a family member can only be done through the app. If you don’t have the app then you can find it on the Apple Store and Google Play, depending on the operating of your device.
Follow the following simple steps –
- Launch the app by tapping on its icon
- On the map screen, scroll down and tap on ‘Invite new members’
- The app will then generate a unique invitation code that you can share with your family members. Each code generated is different, as mentioned earlier. Hence, ensuring no stranger is able to enter your circle.
- Tap on the ‘Send code’ button
- Next, choose the platform where you want to share your code
- After that type in the number or email address of the person you want to send it to and hit ‘Send’
- The recipient has to open the SMS and tap on the link
- If the person does not have the app in their mobile then they will have to download it from the link that was sent to them and then sign up using their phone number and email ID
- If the code is accepted then he or she will be given a brief summary of the app.
- If the person already has it downloaded on their phone then they will have to tap on the option Circle Switcher button, after which they will be presented with two options – ‘Create Circle’ or ‘Join a Circle’, and they need to choose the latter. Now, they will have to enter the code and voila, they are in your circle.
How To Administer A Cicrcle In Life360
It is worth noting that the one who created the circle is the primary administrator and unless he/she gives someone else the admin rights, no one else would be able to modify the group.
To promote a member of your family as the admin, go through the ‘Settings’ menu and follow the steps below:
- Tap the ‘Circle management’ option
- Hit the ‘change admin status’ option
- The list will show you all the family members in the circle
- Tap on the slider button beside their name
- To revoke the same, tap on the slider button
You can even remove yourself from the admin position and will not be able to go back unless another admin bestows that upon you.