Depending on your iPhone or iPad and your network, you should have at least three connection types, 3G, 4G, and 4G LTE. One can work without the others but ideally, we want 4G and/or LTE for the fastest data. With today’s LTE networks, traffic volume is higher and if there is a problem it will require troubleshooting IP and application performance across control plane as well as user plane. Some of the options you could try to fix these problems are mentioned below.
TOGGLE AIRPLANE MODE ON/OFF
Turning on Airplane Mode on your iPhone or iPad and then turning it off after a few seconds might solve the 4G/3G or LTE connectivity.
- Swipe up iPhone Screen (On iPhone X Series, swipe down from the top-right corner).
- Turn On and Off Airplane Mode.
REBOOT YOUR DEVICE
Turning a device off and then back on again fixes around 95% of the technical faults. So you can try to reboot your phone, let it find a network and retest.
CHECK YOUR CELLULAR CONNECTION
Before panicking ensure that 3G/4G is enabled on your device as sometimes the system gets altered.
- Go to the Settings app.
- Click on Cellular/Mobile Data.
- Tap on Cellular/Mobile Data Options.
- Select Enable 4G.
- Choose Voice & Data.
- Turn Mobile Data on/off a few times.
Now check if the issue is resolved.
REMOVE THE SIM CARD
- Power down your iPhone.
- Remove the SIM card and reinsert it.
- Restart your phone: Press and hold on the sleep/wake button and when the red slider appears, drag it to switch off your device.
- Press and hold on the sleep/wake button to switch on your iPhone.
Now check if the network is back to normal.
TURN OFF SIM PIN
SIM PIN is used to prevent access to the cellular data network. So you should turn off SIM PIN if it has been accidentally enabled.
- Launch Settings app.
- Scroll down and tap on Cellular.
- Tap on Settings.
- Select Cellular.
- Tap on SIM PIN.
- Turn Off SIM PIN on iPhone or iPad
There are some carriers which provide default SIM PIN enabled with their SIM Cards. You can contact your carrier to check your default SIM PIN.
CONTACT YOUR CARRIER
Contact your carrier and explain the problem if none of the above options works. Make sure your account is properly set up and there is no problem with the current data plan. Check out the error messages in the carrier logs. Update The Carrier Settings with the following steps.
- Go to Settings.
- Go to General.
- Select About.
- Check if the carrier version is updated or not. If an update is available to do it.
UPDATE IOS On IPhone & Ipad
If you haven’t updated your device for a while that could possibly be a reason for network problems. If so then follow the steps to update it immediately.
- Plug your iPhone to the power source.
- Launch Settings app.
- Select General.
- Tap on Software Update.
- Select Download and Install.
- Tap on Install.
Most of the steps are simple and take no time but in case your network issue is not resolved yet you can always contact Apple Support itself.