Connecting to a free public Wi-Fi network often means risking your personal and financial information. Finding a secure network is the most effective way to avoid being hacked, and those who need constant internet should invest in portable WiFi devices, which are great for providing private networks.
HOW TO CHOOSE THE RIGHT PORTABLE WI-FI DEVICE:
A portable Wi-Fi hotspot is basically a palm-sized gadget that gives you internet access anywhere in the world. There are many available in the market but you should invest in a portable Wi-Fi hotspot device that works best for you considering the given factors.
- It’s best to get one that is unlocked rather than locked one as you can use any SIM card and need not worry about the data rates.
- For greater internet speed get 4G+ hotspots. 4G+ portable hotspots let you use both 4G as well as 3G SIM inside.
- Choose one with huge battery capacity, at least 6 hours battery life on an average.
- Look for a hotspot device that connects at least 10 devices at once.
- Few hotspot devices come with an Ethernet port. Consider this option if you frequently travel to places where the internet is only available via an Ethernet cable.
- Many portable hotspots have the ability to send and receive SMS messages and have a Micro SD card slot so you can save your files on it. Some can even be turned into a power bank. Choose as per your requirement.
- Some hotspots are sold without the USB cable or without a data SIM card, if you have to purchase these items separately it can bump up the cost of your purchase so do check what comes with it.
BEST PORTABLE WIFI HOTSPOTS:
VERIZON JETPACK MIFI 8800L WI-FI HOTSPOT (For Verizon Users)
- Fastest 4G LTE technologies.
- Long battery life.
- Easy-to-use touch-screen UI.
SKYROAM SOLIS (Best Pay-As-You-Go Hotspot)
- Fastest 4G LTE mobile Wi-Fi speeds worldwide.
- 16+ hour’s battery life.
- Embedded 6000 mAh power bank and latest USB-C connection.
- Connect up to 5 gadgets at once.
NETGEAR NIGHTHAWK LTE MOBILE HOTSPOT(For At&T Users)
- Comes with Dual-Band 2.4GHz/5GHz dual concurrent Wi-Fi.
- With Wi-Fi/Ethernet offloading capabilities.
- Serves as microSD, USB Type-C or external hard drive to all connected devices.
- Supports the Arlo Smart Home Security System.
COOLPAD SURF MOBILE HOTSPOT(For T-Mobile Users)
- Connect up to 15 devices simultaneously.
- Wi-Fi access in a sleek, lightweight, and portable device.
FRANKLIN R910 MOBILE HOTSPOT (For Sprint Users)
- Wireless connection, virtually anywhere.
- Battery life up to 12 hours.
- LTE hotspot can connect to up to 10 devices.
HUAWEI E5770S MOBILE HOTSPOT (Unlocked Hotspot)
- Provides battery life up to 20 hours on a single charge.
- Works as a portable power supply because it has a full-sized USB port.
- It doesn’t support all of T-Mobile’s LTE bands in the U.S.
Now you can choose any of the above for better internet wherever you go without draining your smartphone’s battery and data plan.