On your smartphone, if you have accidentally blocked someone you didn’t want to or you blocked a number before you realized who it was or most probably you have changed your mind then you can unblock them easily. Here’s how to unblock someone depending on the operating system used by your smartphone.
iPhone users need to follow the following steps to unblock a caller.
- Open the “Settings” app.
- Go to “Phone”.
- Scroll down and tap on “Blocked” to see the current list of contacts blocked from reaching you.
- Tap on the “Edit” button in the corner.
- Tap on the red (-) minus button alongside a contact name.
- Confirm unblocking by tapping on the big red “Unblock” button alongside the contact name.
- Repeat for other contacts you wish to unblock as desired, then tap on “Done” to finish
- Exit out of Settings.
The contact can now reach your iPhone again.
The steps mentioned below works for Android 6.0 and newer versions effectively but some steps might be slightly different in case of older versions.
- Open the phone app on your phone on your home screen.
- Head on over to the contact you want to unblock and press their name to bring up their details.
- Bring up the settings menu for that particular contact.
- Click on “Remove from auto reject list”.
Now the number will be removed from the blocked numbers list, so you will be able to receive calls and texts from it.
FOR WINDOWS SMARTPHONE:
The following steps work for most Windows smartphones.
- Swipe left from your start screen.
- Scroll down and tap on the Settings option.
- Locate the “Call + SMS filter” option and select it.
- Tap on the Blocked Numbers option.
- Locate the number that you want to unblock.
- Hold on the number that you wish to remove from the blocked list. A popup window appears which shows the option to unblock that number.
- Tap on Unblock button.
And you are done.