Apps are designed to improve our lives and make us more efficient, but trying to find them in a mishmash collection of colorful icons can be time-consuming. You may want to consider organizing your iPad for easy access if are spending more than a minute hunting for a particular app or folder across your home screens.
Some of the best ways to solve this problem and find a home screen organizational structure are discussed below.
USE ORGANISING FOLDERS
The process of moving an app into a folder is very simple. It is similar to moving an app but a bit different in case of drop location of the apps.
- Select the app you want to put in a folder. It starts jiggling on your screen.
- Without releasing drag it over another app you want to put in the same folder.
- To zoom into a folder view you can continue to hold the app.
- Release the app.
- The iPad recognizes types of apps and keeps its names according to it automatically. Tap in the name area to change the folder name.
- Click off the folder and back on the Home screen.
- To add apps into the folder click, hold, and drag those apps. You can create as many folders you want such as for games, productivity apps, entertainment apps, financial apps, and so on.
- If you want to remove the apps drag all the apps in it out to the Home screen, and the folder will be removed.
USE THE DOCK
The dock is the best place for your most-used apps as it remains the same even if you change the home screen. You can put up to 13 apps on the dock and it displays the three most recently used apps automatically making your work easier. Here’s how to personalize your dock experience.
- Place an app on the dock the same way you would move it anywhere.
- Press and hold on the app until it jiggles.
- Move your finger and the app to the dock and hold until the other apps on the dock move out of the way.
- Release your finger.
To make this easier you can leave the apps you want to access frequently on the first page of your Home screen and put all your other apps in folders on the dock. Placing a folder on the dock is a great way to access a whole slew of apps from any Home screen.
SORT THE APPS ALPHABETICALLY
This procedure sorts all the apps you have downloaded in alphabetical order. They appear immediately behind the default apps, which are arranged in the same way they were when you got the iPad. Apps you download later are not alphabetized; they appear at the end of the apps as usual.
- Go to the Settings app.
- Go to General on the left-side menu.
- In the General settings choose Reset at the bottom.
- Tap Reset Home Screen Layout.
- Confirm your choice on the dialog box that appears by tapping Reset.
You could create an organized space for your apps to search for your desired app quickly by following the above steps or you can simply use Spotlight Search or Siri for the job in your iPad.