If you have Google installed on your device Google Voice is one app that you get which is the most useful but has the lowest profile. This communication app allows you to make and receive calls on your device.
If you’re using Google Voice with a Google number your Google number is now your hub for getting all of your calls. So, when people call your Google number, you can have your calls forwarded to different phones.
Google Voice is a phone service that provides call forwarding and voicemail services, voice and text messaging, as well as the U.S. and international call termination for Google Account customers in the U.S. and Canada. The service was launched by Google on March 11, 2009, after the company had acquired the service Grand Central.
Google Voice provides a U.S. phone number, chosen by the user from available numbers in selected area codes, free of charge to each user account. Calls to this number are forwarded to phone numbers that each user must configure in the account web portal. Multiple destinations may be specified that ring simultaneously for incoming calls. Service establishment requires a United States phone number. A user may answer and receive calls on any of the ringing phones as configured in the web portal. During a received call the user may switch between the configured phones.
Voice transcription enables it to receive a voicemail from a caller while you were busy and could transcribe it into a text message.
FORWARDING GOOGLE VOICE CALLS
Call forwarding comes in when there is no internet connection. In a primitive way, you can manually forward your Google Voice number to your mobile. It can forward calls over your 4G connection anywhere you might be.
- Log into your Google Voice account.
- Select the cog icon to access Settings in the top right of the screen.
- Select Linked Numbers.
- Add the number.
- Select Send code.
- Repeat the code Google provided on the forwarded phone to verify the connection.
- Make the box next to ‘Forward calls to’ is checked.
- Now Google calls it and a machine will give you a code.
- Enter the code on the pop-up verification window to verify and you’re done adding numbers. An SMS will be sent in case you are adding mobile.
- Enter the code into the verification window.
- After verifying the number you are returned to the Settings screen. The added number will appear on the screen. Also, a checkbox for call forwarding will be present.
Six numbers can be added at most. You can dynamically change what numbers ring and what numbers don’t by checking or unchecking the box next to them. Plus it doesn’t cost anything to forward Google Voice calls to a mobile if you’re within the US. Check the Google Voice call rate page to see how much calls would cost if you’re in a different country.