No matter the reason, sometimes you need to delete some games from your PlayStation 4 as the console’s 500GB to 1TB hard drive doesn’t provide nearly as much storage as expected. AAA games can demand more than 50GB of precious hard drive capacity or maybe it’s as simple as a terrible game in your library and every time you look at it you are reminded of what a terrible waste of money it was. It happens to those with even the most spacious hard drives.
You can always go back and reinstall deleted games, either from a disc or the PlayStation Network store, without losing any save progress. You need not to buy a new hard drive to make room for the new games by deleting games from a PS4. Here’s how to delete and reinstall PS4 games.
HOW TO DELETE GAMES IN YOUR LIBRARY
- Go to the icon for the game you want to delete in the quick start main menu. Or you could go to your library which is on the right side of the utility bar on the PS4 home screen.
- Press the Options button on your controller to bring up the menu at the time of highlighting the icon.
- Scroll down to Delete
- Click on the OK button to confirm the selection.
HOW TO DELETE A GAME FROM SYSTEM STORAGE
You can delete games from the system storage menu itself. You can easily identify which games are taking up the most space in your storage menu as it lists games in size order.
- Navigate to Settings on the home screen.
- Select Storage.
- Select System Storage. If you have an external hard drive attached to your PS4 select Extended Storage.
- Select Applications.
- Press options on your controller
- Choose Delete.
- Select the games you want to delete.
- Choose Delete.
- Click on the OK button.
HOW TO REINSTALL GAMES
- Navigate to the library on the home screen
- Scroll down to Purchased.
- Select the yellow plus symbol located underneath the Purchased icon for a specific PlayStation Plus game. Games not currently on your hard drive that can be re-downloaded will have a downward arrow in the bottom right-hand corner of their icons.
- Press X on the game you would like to reinstall.
- Click Download.
HOW TO DELETE AND REINSTALL DISC-BASED GAMES
- The data will automatically begin installing when the PS4 detects a game disc.
- Remove your game disc from the console before deleting that game.
- When you want to play it again put the disc back in to reinstall it.
You can follow the above same processes to deleting and reinstalling disc-based games.