Today, PDF files may contain a variety of content besides flat text and graphics including logical structuring elements, interactive elements such as annotations and form-fields, layers, rich media (including video content) and three-dimensional objects using U3D or PRC, and various other data formats.
Knowing how to convert to and from the file format and arranging multiple PDF files into a single document are considered important professional skills. No matter what platform you’re on the ways in which you can combine PDFs are as follows.
Here you can use Preview to combine PDFs. Some MacOS keyboard shortcuts really help in this process.
- Open Finder.
- Select all the PDF files that you wish to combine.
- Open all of the files. That will bring them up in a simple Preview mode.
- Head to the View menu for each window,
- Select Thumbnails. a sidebar will open up that showcases a thumbnail for each of the pages in that particular PDF.
- Build the exact PDF you want Using drag and drop. You can also rearrange and rotate pages as needed.
- Finally, rename the newly merged file.
Here you can use Adobe Acrobat which is a premium software but there’s a free trial for you. You can merge a couple of PDF files one time or plan to do all your merging in the near future.
- Download and install the Adobe Acrobat DC free trial.
- Open the software.
- Click the Tools tab in the top left-hand corner.
- Click the Combine Files button.
- Click the blue Add Files button.
- Select the PDF documents you want to combine.
- Click the blue Combine button in the top right-hand corner. And it’s done.
- Now click on File followed by Save As and then select a name and location for your new file.
- Click on the Save option.
There are plenty of free third-party options that are designed especially for Windows for this purpose. Perfect PDF Combine is one cheap and effective option for this.
THE WEB METHOD
Some of the web-based tools for merging files don’t even need installing any additional programmes. It doesn’t matter where your PDF files come from or where they’re going; only the strict size limit is the issue. All of them have basically the same function and working procedures. The most popular ones are as follows:
- PDF Joiner
- Foxyutil’s Merge PDF
MACOS MOJAVE METHOD
MacOS Mojave wwdc screen 3 makes the task easier than the previous native method. It allows Mac users to combine PDFs quickly by showing previews of your files and adding a contextual menu on the side.
You can select two PDFs to merge into one, or select two different file types and combine them into a single PDF by clicking the appropriate button in the sidebar. You can find the quick action menu on the right-hand side underneath the individual properties of the files you have selected.