Opera is one of the most popular web browsers being used by more than 200 million users worldwide. Opera is a web browser developed by a Norwegian company, Opera Software AS available for OS X, Microsoft Windows and Linux Operating systems.
The best part about the Opera web browser is that it is a lightweight program and doesn’t consume much memory on your PC. It is considered extremely productive in terms of features and a good list of extensions and plugins which improve its functionality. Opera already comes packaged with a few nice built-in features. Here are a few Opera plugins that will make this browser even more efficient and productive.
BOOMERANG FOR GMAIL: TO ENABLE A VIRTUAL GMAIL ASSISTANT
Boomerang for Gmail lets you know if and when your emails have been read or schedule a specific email for a later date. You can also download the Android or iOS Boomerang app to extend its capabilities to your mobile devices.
Boomerang comes with a free 30-day trial of Boomerang Pro, which includes unlimited message credits. No billing information is gathered upon the free trial. After 30 days you are downgraded to Basic, with a limit of 10 message credits per month.
Personal: $4.99 per month and unlimited message credits.
Pro: $14.99 per month and includes a smart response with machine learning, inbox pause, and recurring messages.
Premium: $49.99 per month. Each message is automatically “Boomeranged”, and includes Salesforce integration.
- Set alerts when you do not receive a response to your email.
- Perfect for sending emails to people in different time zones.
- Perfect for scheduling birthday emails.
- Read and sent confirmations are added to the email thread and can make your inbox confusing to navigate.
- The Basic, free, version of Boomerang has a limit of 10 message credits per month. Boomerang counts each email that is scheduled and tracked with Boomerang toward the credits.
LASTPASS: FOR MANAGING PASSWORDS
It lets you create one master password so that you can log onto your favorite sites with just one click. LastPass remembers your username and passwords for multiple accounts with an auto-fill feature.
- Free of cost.
- The Premium is $24 per year.
- Encrypted and decrypted locally on your machine
- Auto log off options
- Syncs data across mobile phone and computer
- Stores credit card information
You’ll need to pay for Premium to enable sharing and syncing across devices.
SOCIAL FIXER FOR FACEBOOK: FOR CUSTOMIZING YOUR FEED AND HIDE ADS
This Opera plugin includes a feature called Stealth Mode to make it easy to scan Facebook quickly to catch up on the latest updates. Like buttons and comment areas are hidden so that you can quickly scroll through the newsfeed.
- Free of cost
- Ability to create pre-defined filters to hide specific posts including sponsored posts and political posts.
- Make photos anonymous by hiding friend and group names.
- Not available for mobile browsing.
- Still shows ads for “suggested pages” and “people you might know”
UMATRIX: CREATE A CUSTOMIZED FIREWALL
It is a point-and-click matrix-based firewall. You can customize your privacy settings while browsing on Opera. You get to decide what type of data is allowed to be downloaded.
- Free of cost
- Gives you a view of tracking how websites have been collecting information from your browsing history.
- A single click allows you to whitelist/blacklist requests for data.
- This extension can be intimidating at first. It requires a learning curve.
GISMETEO: TO KEEP TRACK OF THE WEATHER WITH A CLICK
The Gismeteo extension lets you select your city in the settings menu, and search lets you see what’s happening in other cities. It provides instant access to your local current temperatures and hourly weather forecast. It also includes the ability to customize features, including skins, icons, and language.
- Free of cost
- Global weather news is available in the news feed.
- Shows hourly updates of temperature forecast.
- Instantly see detailed weather conditions with a click on the icon to display a pop-up window.
- Temperature defaults to Celsius.
- No way to minimize the icon on the Opera desktop to keep the temperature on top.
- Navigation language is a bit awkwardly translated from Russian.
INSTALL CHROME EXTENSION: FOR ADDING YOUR FAVORITE CHROME EXTENSION TO OPERA
After installing the Opera Install Chrome Extension, simply visit the Chrome Web Store, while using the Opera Browser. In the Chrome Web store page, find your extension and click Install. You will then be redirected to the Chrome extension page, where you will click Install again to add to Opera.
- Free of cost
- Works quickly and seamlessly for any Chrome extension you can’t live without.
- Not available for the mobile version of Opera.
- The Opera plugin only works for extensions, not Chrome Themes.