Gamesharing is a great way to save money on gaming. You and a friend can take turns buying games and both have access to them by switching your home Xbox. So want to share your Xbox One games with a friend? Here’s how to do it.
Things to Keep In Mind before Gamesharing:
- Do not Gameshare with people you don’t know. Be careful about what information you store on your Set up Gamesharing with a trusted friend or family member. Providing someone with your account information lets them access the payment information attached to your account, so they could go on a spending rampage on the Microsoft Store.
- You can take turns subscribing with your friend as Gamesharing also shares Xbox Live Gold benefits.
- Both of you can play a shared game at the same time.
- This only works for digital games, so physical copies aren’t affected.
- If your internet connection happens to go out and your current Xbox One isn’t registered as your home Xbox, you also won’t be able to access your digital game library. Other users on your console also won’t have access to your games or Xbox Live Gold subscription if it isn’t your home Xbox. You can only change the My home Xbox setting five times per year. This starts when you make the first change, so take care not to change it too often.
- You can change your passwords and Gamesharing will still work fine.
How To Gameshare on Xbox One Best Games With Gold Destiny 2 Expansion Pack
The Xbox One, Xbox One S, and Xbox One X make it easy. You and your friend will both need Xbox One systems and your own Xbox accounts, with games that you’d like to access.
Both you and your Gameshare partner will need access to each other’s systems and need to share account info, including the email associated with your Xbox accounts and the matching passwords. To exchange libraries, you will need to repeat the process twice — once to connect your Xbox One to their account and a second time to connect their Xbox One to your account.
How To Gameshare:
- Find a trusted friend you want to share games with.
- Access their Xbox Live login information or invite them over so they can sign into your console.
- Press the Xbox button on your controller to open the Guide.
- Scroll over to the tab with your player icon and select Add new.
- Enter the email address and password for your friend’s Xbox account. Scroll back over to this tab and sign in as your friend if it doesn’t sign them in automatically.
- Press the Xbox button to open the Guide again. Scroll to the gear tab and select Settings.
- Go to Personalization > My home Xbox. Select Make this my home Xbox.
- Now visit My Games & apps from the home screen and you’ll find all the games your friend owns on the Ready to install tab.
- Select one to download it.
- Once you’re ready, select the icon at the top left on the home screen, and then navigate to the user account menu.
- Select “Add new,” and then add both accounts to your Xbox One.
And you are done.