Google Sheets is one of the best office tools provided by Google. With Google Sheets, you can create and edit spreadsheets directly in your web browser—no special software is required. Multiple people can work simultaneously, you can see people’s changes as they make them, and every change is saved automatically. It allows multiple users to use and edit the sheets at once.
USE OF GOOGLE SHEETS:
- You can create spreadsheets using templates for tasks like calendars, to-do lists, annual budget, and schedules, make plans, create invoices, time sheets, attendance charts.
- It can be used by students and for office work.
- It is multitasking and can manage your work among a group more reliably.
WAYS TO OPEN CSV FORMAT FILES IN GOOGLE SHEETS
For importing CSV to Google Sheets there are two methods. One is with the saved CSV files on your system and another with the help of any URL for CSV file. You can either use the desktop application or the web browsers for both the methods.
USING CSV FILES
- Open Google Sheets
- Click on File from the toolbar menu
- Select Import. This will open the Import File window.
- Here go to the Upload tab.
- Select the CSV file from your computer you want or simply drag and drop the required files to this window.
- Click on the drop-down icon next to Open and select accordingly.
- After the upload is finished, various options to edit appear.
- Then click on the Import data button. It will show you a message File imported successfully as soon as it is completed.
To see the spreadsheet and the imported data, select Open Now link beside the File imported successfully option. That’s it. While selecting the files from your system if you wish you can also select the option to open CSV files and edit it or just as read-only.
USING THE CSV URL
You can use any URL for online CSV file to import the data.
- Open Google Sheets
- Write =importData(“CSV URL”) on the first column of a new spreadsheet.
- After you paste it, the URL Google Sheets will be shown in the spreadsheet.
HOW TO EXPORT/SAVE CSV FILE FROM GOOGLE SHEET
You can also export or save any spreadsheet from the Google Sheets in CSV format for further smooth sharing.
- Go to Files
- Point the cursor on Download as.
- Save or Export Google Sheets as CSV.
- Select Comma-separated values from various downloading format options. The file will start to download.
You can also save the spreadsheets in other doc formats like .xlsx, .ods, .html and .tsv. This way you can easily create CSV file using Google Sheet.