Backing up your phone means copying all of your data to an online storage space. By backing up you can easily transfer all of your files to a new phone or you can be certain that you won’t lose your favorite files in case you lose or break your phone.
FIVE REASONS TO BACKUP YOUR PHONE
- Hardware failure
- Malicious attack
- Lose of data by mistake
- Quick recovery times
The Samsung Galaxy J2 gives you three different options to back up your phone. These are:
BACKING UP TO THE SAMSUNG ACCOUNT
- You can back up your media files, emails, messages, and different app settings.
- It is the most convenient way of ensuring that your data and files are safe.
- As backing up your data may take quite some time to ensure that the battery is full and you’re connected to a stable Wi-Fi network.
- Tap on the ‘Settings’ icon in the App menu.
- Scroll down until you find the ‘Backup and reset’ option.
- Select ‘Back up my data’.
- Click on ‘Back up now’.
BACKING UP YOUR DATA TO YOUR PC
- Before online storage was available, many of us used to manually transfer all our important files to our PCs. Even though this is still an option, it can be a very inconvenient one. To make it easier, you can download and install different apps that will help you back up your data to your PC’s hard drive.
- Download the appropriate app.
- Connect your phone to the PC via USB.
- Follow the instructions provided.
BACKING UP BY USING A THIRD-PARTY APP
- These apps offer a certain amount of storage space for your data and different storage plans.
- You can browse the Google Play Store to learn more about these apps and find the one that works best for you.
- You can also expand your storage in some of the apps.