Mobile App Tik Tok offers a huge platform to create your own fifteen-second videos and upload online. Tik Tok users are seen lip syncing and entertaining with quite well-polished acts.
The duet feature which was introduced last year has now opened up more possibilities for user creativity. This feature enables the users to duet with celebrities or random people on Tik Tok. You can also duet with yourself on Tik Tok. You make a sketch with you playing two characters or any kind of performance where you play two parts, mirror off of each other or whatever you like.
STEPS TO DUET WITH YOURSELF
- Open Tik Tok and create your first video.
- Select Share.
- Select Duet. Your screen will split in two vertically.
- Press record again to record the second side of the video.
- Add comments or edit it and upload.
Tik Tok had duets long before this feature was added, but they were always made using separate apps. Now you can do it all from within the app making it easy and faster.
STEPS TO DUET WITH A CELEBRITY OR SOMEONE ELSE
- Open Tik Tok and find a video you want to duet in.
- Select Share
- Select Duet. Your screen will split in two.
- Press record to record your half of the video.
- Add effects, stickers, comments, and upload.
You play the video, hit share, select the Duet icon in the popup and record your side of the video. You need to work more on preparation and rehearsal of the video than the execution but you get the idea.
STEPS TO CLONE YOURSELF AND DUET
Only iPhone users can use an app called Video Star which allows you to record different videos and add them as layers.
- Record as many videos as you need for your clone, in different positions either from your phone camera or from your Tik Tok camera or from Video Star app.
- The record however many videos you want to use in your clone.
- Import your videos into Video Star.
- Use the Scissors tool to splice your videos.
- Select a Multi-Layer Clip.
- Use the Mask tools to add your videos so each shows a clone of you within the mainframe.
- Edit as you need.
- Click on Done when finished.
- Import the video into Tik Tok and
- Share as normal.