Some Apple iPhone 8 and iPhone 8 Plus users have complained of not receiving messages on their devices or not being able to send messages. If you are facing similar problems, we have the solution for this issue.
REASONS WHY YOU MIGHT BE FACING THESE ISSUES ON YOUR DEVICE:
- The person that sent the message to you is using an Android phone.
- You are sending the message to someone using smartphones like Windows, Android, or Blackberry because the message will be sent as an iMessage, which is exclusive to iPhones.
- If you had used iMessage on a device you owned before and transferred the SIM card you used in that device into your new iPhone.
- You may have forgotten to disable iMessage before putting the old SIM card into the new Apple iPhone 8 or iPhone 8 Plus.
- Your contacts can still use iMessage to send you a text message, which you will not be able to receive.
FIXING THE NOT RECEIVING TEXT MESSAGES PROBLEM:
- Go to the Settings on your iPhone
- Click on Messages
- Then click on Send & Receive
- Select your Apple ID for iMessage
- Log in with your Apple ID details. Ensure that your phone number and your Apple ID are included in the option named you can be reached by iMessage.
- Go back to the other phone that you were using before
- Go to Settings
- Go to Messages
- Click on Send & Receive
WHAT TO DO IF YOU ARE NOT HAVING YOUR FORMER PHONE:
- Go to Deregister iMessage page
- Click on disable iMessage.
- As soon as you get to the deregister iMessage page, scroll to the bottom of the page and click on the option named “no longer have your iPhone?”.
- Type in your phone number in the field provided.
- Tap on Send Code.
- Type down the Code in the box named “enter confirmation code,”.
- Tap on submit.