If you want to keep a checklist of all the work you need to complete or completed in Excel. In this guide, I will show you how to add a checkmark in the Excel sheet.
You can find two types of checkmark in your Excel Sheet:
One is in Checkbox while the other is Tick and Cross Symbol
How To Add Checkmark in Excel Using The Symbol Command
- Click on the cell where you want to insert a checkmark
- Select Insert Tab from the top menu and then click on Symbols
- In the Symbols dialog box Select the font as “Wingdings”, put the character code from 251-254.
- Click on Insert and close the dialog box
How To Add Checkmark By Typing The Character
- Click on the cell where you want to put a tick
- Right Click on that cell and select font as “Wingdings”
- Hold ALT Button beside your spacebar and type
Tick symbol alt+0252
Tick in a box alt+0254
Cross symbol alt+0251
Cross in a box alt+0253
Simple Copy-Paste Method
If you want to follow the above steps or unable to do it then simply copy and paste it from somewhere else in to excel cell. It can save you a lot of time because you are not using any code or formula here.
You can copy paste from here also ✓ . You can also search it on google.
Create an AutoCorrect To Convert it to a Checkmark
In Excel, there is a feature of Autocorrect, so if you start your sentence with small case alphabet it will automatically convert it into uppercase. You can predefine certain auto-correct word too.
- Go to File tab and open the Excel option
- After that navigate to proofing and open autocorrect
- Now in this dialog box, in the “Replace” box, enter the word you want to type for which Excel will return a check mark symbol
- Then, in the “With:” enter the check mark which you can copy from above.
- Click ok
Checkout More Guide’s on Excel: