Experiencing a smart, connected Nest Thermostat to a Google Home is a whole new cool thing to have in your house. Whether it’s a Google Home, Google Home Mini, Google Home Max, or access to Google Assistant, you can control the temperature of your home in new easy ways.
Nest Thermostats up through 4th generation, including the E-Version, can be connected to a Google Home. You can use the Google Assistant app to send commands to your thermostat via text to type.
CONNECTING NEST THERMOSTAT TO GOOGLE HOME DEVICE
To connect your Nest Thermostat to Google Home install it and connect it to your WiFi and to your Google Home device.
STEPS TO PAIR NEST THERMOSTAT WITH GOOGLE HOME:
- Open the Google Assistant app.
- In the “Explore” section, tap the Compass icon located at the top right corner of the screen.
- Again, in the “Explore” section, tap on the Triple-dot icon also located at the top right of the screen.
- Tap Settings.
- Scroll down to the “Services” section and choose Home Control.
- Tap the plus ‘+’ icon toward the bottom right corner.
- Scroll down and select Nest and tap to pull it up.
- Sign in/ Log in to your Nest account for it to display your connected thermostat as well as any other Nest devices you may have connected.
- Assign all of the devices on-screen to the rooms they’re found in.
HOW TO COME BACK AND CHANGE THE ROOMS YOU’VE CHOSEN IN GOOGLE HOME LATER:
- Launch the Google Assistant app.
- Tap on Rooms in the “Home” section.
- Tap the Edit icon next to the room name.
- Select to correct room.
- Tap Done once finished with your edits.
HOW TO USE NEST WITH VOICE COMMANDS:
Try these voice commands to get started by saying, “Hey Google…”
“WHAT’S THE TEMPERATURE?”
You can simply start with saying, “Hey Google,” and follow it up with “What’s the temperature inside?” or “What’s the temperature set to?”
“MAKE IT WARMER OR COOLER.”
Just let Google Home know to “Hey Google, make it warmer” or “… make it cooler.”
“RAISE OR LOWER THE TEMPERATURE.”
According to your preference just say, “Hey Google, raise the temperature by three degrees” or “… lower the temperature by two degrees.”
EXACT TEMPERATURE SETTING
For setting the temperature to a particular degree, say in your most commanding voice, “Hey Google, set the temperature to 73 degrees.”
SPECIFIC ROOM ADJUSTMENT.
For this, you’ll need to know the name of the room you labeled it as while setting things up And have multiple thermostats in different rooms. Then you could say, “Hey Google,” and finish with, “…set the master bedroom thermostat to 71 degrees.” Choose whichever temperature you see fit.
“TURN OFF THE THERMOSTAT.”
In case you want to enjoy the natural weather conditions, hit your Google Home with a “Hey Google, turn off the thermostat.”
HOW TO FIX CONNECTION ISSUES BETWEEN NEST AND GOOGLE PRODUCTS:
- From your smartphone, head to nest.com and log in with your account.
- Ensure that Google Chrome is the browser that you use.
- Add your Google product, Save, and then attempt to connect it again.
- In case of other issues, seek assistance from either Google Support or Nest Support.