If you are one of the long term Apple user you might have noticed that iPhone is pretty bad with its battery optimization. If you are not a fan of your iPhone’s ability to adjust screen brightness by itself, you have probably turned off auto-brightness on multiple occasions to reduce the battery usage. There are some things you can do to extend battery life though. After going through this guide you will know enough to get a full day of moderate use out of your iPhone.
WAYS TO REDUCE THE IPHONE’S AUTO BRIGHTNESS IN IOS 11:
- Use Low Power Mode.
- Turn off Background App Refresh.
- Uninstall frequently used social media app notifications.
- Disable WiFi and Bluetooth until you need them.
- Turn off or control Location Services.
- Update at home.
It might be easier to turn the auto brightness off and find your own level of brightness that works for you. While this is more about usability than battery saving, it does have a slight power saving advantage too.
PROCESS TO CHANGE YOUR BRIGHTNESS IN CONTROL CENTER IN iOS 11:
- Swipe up from the bottom of the screen to activate Control Center.
- Slide a finger up and down on the brightness slider to change the brightness.
- If you want finer control over brightness, press firmly or press hold on the brightness slider to expand it and then change the brightness.
- Tap the Night Shift button to turn the night shift on or off.
- The other route is to go to Settings>General>Display & Brightness, then slide the control from left to right, with right being brighter.
PROCESS TO TURN AUTO-BRIGHTNESS ON AND OFF IN iOS 11:
- Open Settings on your iPhone.
- Tap General.
- Select Accessibility.
- Tap on Display Accommodations.
- Flip the switch next to Auto-Brightness to turn the feature on or off.
Hope these effective methods help increase your battery life.