Facing problems with IOS apps? You’ll be happy to learn that you can request a refund for an app directly from Apple.
LIST OF PROBLEMS YOU CAN REPORT
- I didn’t authorize this purchase– In case your payment details/Apple ID might have been compromised.
- I didn’t mean to purchase this item – For accidental purchases.
- Meant to purchase a different item – Here you need to give additional information about your issue and submit.
- Didn’t receive or unable to find within the app – You need to directly contact the app developer for specific troubleshooting steps.
- App fails to install or won’t download – You need to go to the developers support page and contact the developers directly.
- The app doesn’t work or behave as expected – Go to the developer’s support page.
INITIATING THE REFUND PROCESS
From Apple’s website
- Go to Apple’s “Report a Problem” website.
- Open iTunes
- Go to “Account”
- Select “View My Account”
- Scroll down to “Purchase History”
- Select “See All”. This will bring up all the purchases you’ve made in the past 90 days.
- Look for the app that you want to request a refund for and select “More
- Click “Report a Problem”.
Find the email of the receipt for the app on your iPhone or iPad and open it
Look for “Report a Problem” in which the link will take you to the mobile version of the desktop website.
PROCESS TO REQUEST A REFUND
- After logging into your Apple account, you’ll be shown the various purchases that you’ve made in the past 90 days along with a button on the side that says “Report a Problem”. Click on that and select the appropriate reason for requesting a refund.
- Fill out all the necessary information
- Click on the submit button to send the report to Apple for processing, which can sometimes take 3-5 days and you may or may not be contacted by Apple to further verify additional information to complete the process.
Refunding an app for reasons such as “you did not like it”, or because you “only needed to use it the one time” might not be approved by Apple and thus your request for a refund could be denied.
However, be careful when using this feature as Apple has been known to be blacklisting users who abuse the refund feature.