Worried about how hot your iPad is getting? Relax. It’s normal for an iPad to get hot when in constant use. Here’s what you can do about it and not worry. But you need to start worrying if it happens frequently or the temperature gets extreme.
If you had done factory reset recently and confused how to configure it without a computer. You can Checkout the Guide HERE
REASONS YOUR IPAD GETTING IS SO HOT
- It’uses a lot of its internal processing power:
- Playing a demanding 3D game
- Streaming high-quality video for a long time
- Using processor intensive apps
- While charging along with other activities
- It’s in hot, external conditions or direct sunlight for extended periods:
For example, using GPS in a car in hot weather conditions
PROBLEMS, OVERHEATING CAN CAUSE
- Apps slowing down or stopping
- Charging slows down or stops completely
- Display dimming
- Camera flash stops working
If the temperature is getting dangerously high, a warning message should appear on your screen.
WAYS TO COOL DOWN A HOT IPAD
- Close down any apps that are running, especially games using 3D graphics or apps using augmented reality. They use more processing power, raising its internal temperature.
- Take the iPad out of direct sunlight and away from heat sources and get it somewhere cool.
- Turn it off. This will cool it down very quickly, and a good restart could be what your iPad needs.
- If it’s in use while charging and you notice its temperature getting high then stop charging immediately.
- Never, ever put it in a freezer or in front of an air conditioning unit. The rapid cooling can cause damage to the internal mechanisms of your device.
- Take it into the Apple Store if you notice your iPad is frequently overheating, especially when it’s not in heavy use. There’s most likely something wrong with the internal mechanisms of your device.